When an auto accident happens, it is important to see if you have an auto accident injury. One of the most effective ways to do that is to see a chiropractor as soon as possible. At Boyd Chiropractic, we start by asking plenty of questions about your accident and any pain or discomfort you may feel. Even if you think you aren't injured, it is still important to get properly evaluated as soon as possible, because sometimes the discomfort of an injury isn't felt until days later.
Common Car Accident Injuries Treated by Dr. Boyd
While there is no way to predict your actual injury or treatment plan until you are properly evaluated, there are some injuries that are treated by our chiropractor fairly often after a car accident. Some of these include:
- Whiplash: This is an injury of the head and neck caused by uncontrolled and violent head and neck movement.
- Herniated Discs: Trauma, such as a car accident, is a likely cause of a herniated disc in your neck or back.
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries: A car accident can result in anything from pulling portions of the spine out of alignment to more major issues that result in mobility issues. Fortunately, most injuries are less severe and can be treated by a chiropractor
- Strains and Sprains: Strains are caused by stretches or tears in the muscles or tendons, while sprains are caused by tearing or stretching a ligament. In both cases, there may be swelling, inflammation, and tightness that can be helped by a chiropractor.
- Muscle Pain and Soreness: This pain is one that commonly is felt a little while after a car accident. Getting checked out right away will help keep you from thinking you don't have an auto accident injury when you actually do.
- Pain in the Extremities: Chiropractic care isn't just about the back and neck. Injuries to the knees, shoulders, arms, and legs often present themselves, and chiropractors can treat these injuries as well.
- Headaches: Many people find that their number of headaches increases after an accident. Dr. Boyd works to identify the source and the right treatment for your headaches to get you feeling better as soon as possible.
To learn more about the ways we can help you recover from your auto accident injury, contact us at Boyd Chiropractic Center in Castle Rock, CO at 303-688-2000 to schedule an appointment.